My Inauguration to Become Oregon's Kid Governor

This has certainly been quite a whirlwind week for me! It's hard to imagine that I am now the 2nd Oregon Kid Governor, but it is true.

I will never forget my inauguration day at our state capitol. I felt so honored to be in the presence of important state leaders. Secretary of State Dennis Richardson, State Archivist Mary Beth Herkert and their staff have been so kind, helpful and supportive to my family and I. They made sure that they explained every part of the inauguration.

My official oath of office!
It was very exciting to sign my name to an official looking document - my Oath of Office! Retired Supreme Justice Paul De Muniz, in a private ceremony in my very own office, swore me in and then did it again on the Senate Floor. All of my classmates came to watch, and I was so nervous, but excited. Even Governor Kate Brown was there!

Meeting with Former Kid Governor Dom Peters.
You would think my life would calm down a little bit after the inauguration, but that wasn't the case. The very next day I was interviewed at the KDUK radio station in Eugene telling about my Kid Governor journey so far. The following day I was interviewed on the OPB radio program called "Think Out Loud." It's so cool to observe how a radio station works. So many switches and buttons! It was fun to be interviewed with our first Oregon Kid Governor, Dom Peters. He is very nice and kind to me.

On the radio with OPB's "Think Out Loud."
I'm looking forward to getting started on achieving my platform goal of finding forever homes for dogs and cats that need families who will love and take good care of them.

Signing off for now,

—Erikka Baldwin

Comments

Popular Posts